Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Heirloom Angels" cont. and Feel-Good Mommy Moments


The neighbor boys are riding with us to VBS this week and when they showed up on Monday morning Ailee met Will at the door, "This is my big sister, Anna Grace. She takes care of me." I just grinned and Will says, "I know her, Ailee!" It was precious to my ears and my heart.



Today, as the girls and I sat down to eat our lunch following VBS, I asked who wanted to say the blessing. Anna Grace started, "Dear Jesus, thank you so much for this beautiful day and for our food. Please take care of Ailee and be with her during swimming lessons today, Amen." I was so proud of her for thinking of her sister so sweetly but, then, not surprised because she is definitely one to think of others first. Next, Ailee says "my turn, my turn!" I agreed and we bowed again and Ailee began to pray, "Thank you, Jesus, for my sister and for her being my best friend. Thank you that she takes care of me." As tears puddled in my eyes, we all said "Amen" and the girls began eating. I immediately stopped and said my own prayer of thanksgiving for the bond these two precious sisters share!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

They truly are Little Angels!

Jacquelyn Ray said...

the pictures are so beautiful! what a blessing little girls are :)especially watching them grow as sisters!

Craig said...

Your children couldn't be anymore precious!! And you could make a living with that camera!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mande. My sister, Kellie and I have been looking at your blog all afternoon while our children played together. We both agree that we love how your blog is not about YOU!! It's really a journal for your sweet girls! What a precious gift you are giving to them capturing all of these moments and writing about them! Most people write about themselves and what is going on with them, which is fine!! I just wouldn't have that much to write about myself!! I love how you have written and dedicated every page to your sweet children. It is a true testament to the kind of mother and person you are. You can absolutely tell that your life is completely wrapped up in Jon and your girls!! I think you are extremely talented and that Jon and the girls are so lucky to have you!! Keep posting these sweet pictures. I normally do not read blogs, but yours is one that I will read forever!!

Kim N.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails