Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anna Grace's First Day of Kindergarten...

Well, the day I have dreaded for since her birth has finally arrived and we all survived. Anna Grace loved Kindergarten and has a precious classroom full of adorable children and loving teachers. She picked this dress out to wear months ago and was bopping around the house all morning. She did have an episode during lunch where her tummy hurt with nerves and tears came. I am sure the overwhelming atmosphere of an elementary cafeteria took her a bit by surprise. That was the only part of the day that I was concerned over. Daddy thought I was being overprotective but I knew that would be the one area she would struggle. However, tonight she was happy as ever and ready for another day! Daddy was the first to show signs of sadness this morning but when she explained her tummy ache to me after I picked her up my heart just broke. Tomorrow will be tougher than today for me I think.

(In this photo below, you will see your friendship bracelet given to you yesterday by your best friend, Whitley. You guys have been together since 2 year old preschool. She is going to another school and when you both hugged bye as we left the pool yesterday and wished one another a great first day at your new schools, it was so sweet and brought tears to Mommy's eyes. You just had to wear your bracelet to school today. I guess as your security!)
I mostly worry about her innocence and her mind being exposed to so many new things. I have to find assurance that her foundation is strong and trust our loving Father to keep it from becoming shaken in a fallen world. Jon and I prayed over her and the school following open house and I asked God to let her eyes and ears soak in all the useful and meaningful knowledge while letting the things that are not of Him flow quickly in and out of her mind. Also, to cover the school with His presence and bestow blessing upon those students, teachers and administrators. It was so hard for me to leave the school grounds today but I had a peace about it. I knew she was in the right place and she was surrounded by His great love. I packed the front pocket of her backpack full of scriptures and I felt confident she was in His arms while I was leaving her in a new, strange place. She surprised her teachers with a candy jar for their desks with a handwritten note attached saying "I am so glad you are my teacher! Love, Anna Grace" Of course, Mrs. Fields and Mrs. Andrews loved them and she was so happy.
This was on the way out the door for open house! Can you tell that you were a tad bit excited about big school, Anna Grace?

4 comments:

Mimi said...

How pretty you looked on your very first day of "Big School." I love you muches, my little "Kindergarten Kid!!!!!"

Unknown said...

Oh, Mande, I am in tears!!! It is so cute to see Anna Grace with her pretty pink dress and that bright blue braclet. It's priceless!! Whitley told someone yesterday that her best friend, Anna Grace, was at another school and that they had been friends since they were two.
I love reading your blogs. They motivate me!

Mimi said...

Deena & Mande, I'm still crying because the girls aren't together & I'm going to miss that sweet "Hi, Mimi" and big hug I get when I'm at the school. Promise to keep the girls close always!

Unknown said...

We will "Mimi." I promised Whitley that Anna Grace can over after school and that they will still see each other at church.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails