Monday, September 7, 2009

Ahhhh! Rest...and some Fun too!

Jon and I were so blessed to be able to enjoy 5 days at the beach with some of our dearest couple friends. Because Jon was recovering from surgery and couldn't do much but rest, we decided what better place to do it than the BEACH! Mimi came and did an awesome job caring for the girls...school, ballet, awana and more made it a little stressful I am sure but she did great! It was so wonderful to just let my mind rest for a few days. I felt lost at first only having to make one lunch, bath myself, carry only a small bag of stuff to the beach, etc. Wow, the difference it makes to only worry about one for a change. I actually read a book...No, not a "how to be a better mom, more loving wife, or even a more devoted believer book, just a "dig your toes in the sand, sit back and relax" kind of book. I read two mystery novels that were for no other reason but enjoyment! It's been a long time since I have taken the time to read material that was not "beneficial" necessarily. The guys had a blast fishing while we had fun just basking in the cool breeze off the water and working on tan lines.


Thanks, Heltons, we couldn't have asked for a better break in our everyday lives. And, spending it with you guys sure made it even more enjoyable. We love you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails