Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Bliss...

God is SO Good...
What can I say beside the above? In His perfect timing, He releases such blessings! After only a few days back in the saddle following the Christmas Holidays, we were given a beautiful blanket of snow. It has been quite a while since I was a freshman in high school and we missed a week of school due to a blizzard. Now, my girls have been home with me all week and I could not ask for a greater reward. Nothing warms my heart more than having my family together to enjoy strictly each other, God's miracles and sweet friends! This week has been full of cozy snuggles by a warm fire, tons of giggles shared between friends young and old, exhilarating rides down hills on something as random as a mixing pan, absolutely delicious comfort meals, houses filled to the brim with guests and, last but not least, prayers of thanksgiving for the perfect ways of our Heavenly Father. This week has been even sweeter for me because I feel I am back on a road of deeper communication with my Lord. In the stillness of life while being "stuck" in my home, as some would say, I have slowed down to hear His still, tender voice. It is so mind-blowing to me that I would allow life to sweep me into such busyness that I don't make time to REALLY talk to Him and receive the many blessings He has for me. I know I overlook so many windows of blessings He sends daily for me to enjoy. This week, I have caught so many glimpses of His promise by just slowing down. Dear Father, Please help me keep my feet and my mind at a slower pace. I know every week (day) cannot be a snowstorm but help me to remember the warmth you covered me with during this time. I truly felt you by my side during each step this week. I pray I do not take off running and leave behind my greatest treasure. I love you and adore the memories of this week with you and my family. Help keep these moments ever present in my mind so that my feet may stay in step with the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Just a few blessings...
The neighborhood that we just joined is so much fun and is filled with such amazing Christian families. We spent the first two days gathered together in one another's yards and homes while making many trips down hills in homemade sleds and piling together all the home cooking we could gather up. I think we had 30+ people in our home for lunch on Tuesday!

I am sure you girls enjoyed some super fun times with your friends!




While the Daddies enjoyed making homemade sleds from anything they could find and seeing who would take the fastest trip down the hills. I think Mrs. Deena and I might have won when we went as fast as lightening down the hill backwards and I took out a bush that I am still finding traces of in the hood of my jacket!
And the Mommies enjoyed making lots of lots of treats for us all to enjoy! I don't think I have ever eaten so much in one week! Yikes...I will definitely pay for that next week at the gym! Daddy made you all a little treat too! We put out bowls on Sunday night to catch some snow for snow cream. When we woke up on Monday, the bowls were hidden deep in the 8-10 inches of snow! We dug them out and you all made the most delicious snow cream I have ever tasted!

Not sure how long it will be until another snow adventure-filled week like this one...


But, until then, let's hang on to these precious times with each other and our dear friends!

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Oh Mande I just love to read your blog. Reading your blog really inspire me to walk closer to GOD and to love my kids and darling husband everything. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mimi said...

What glorious fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails