We had a rough morning with sweet Ailee! As we tried hard to get back in the swing of our morning routine after wonderful week of vacation (I'll post lots from that later), we had sort of an alarming incident with Ailee. I went straight on to Dr. Young and, until Wednesday, we are just praying it is a simple fix and trusting God to heal up everything just perfect! Now, on to the sweet parts of the not so typical "middle" child!
When I picked her up from her shortened day of school after our morning at the doctor, she went straight into such a perfect answer to my prayers. I had just gotten off the phone with the most wonderful friend who I can always count on to stop and prayer for me at that very moment. And that she did. She prayed a beautiful prayer over me and my baby girl. God quickly added a peace to my morning following with Ailee's response once she got buckled in the car. Ailee..."Mom, you know what my bible verse was this morning? I learned about a little boy who was sick and his daddy was real worried (here she acted out the picture from the card of how worried the daddy looked, so cute). God's men told the daddy and little boy to just go home and wait and pray. Then, the boy was better!! Mommy, can we do that? I think God is going to make me better!" HELLO!!! Could she be any more adorable and RIGHT? Although, she couldn't quote the verse and story exactly, the point God was speaking to my heart was well taken! Until wednesday, I now have peace!
And to add to her adorableness today...She just came in here while I was working on some service league items for tomorrow with a sad look on her face. Granted, we just spent the most amazing week of our lives together as a family so reality is hard for us all this week. (Adelynn has asked every time we get back home from school drop off, errands, etc. if Daddy was home yet. We are not ready to all be separated again by LIFE!) She went straight into..."I really didn't want to be 5, Mom. I made this sad number 4 because I really just want to put a huge piece of wood on top of my head so I can stay little and live here forever with you and daddy and my sisters." I responded..."Ailee Claire, no matter what, you will always be my precious baby girl and you are welcome here anytime with no questions asked and NO age limits!" She just frowned and said..."I know, Mommy, but if I keep growing, one day I will have to go to college. Do you think sissy's will go with me?" Ummm....after this Mommy had no response. Just tears and long pause of squeezing her probably harder than I should have! Anyone have a HUGE block of wood? or three pieces while I am at it?
3 comments:
Praying with you that Allie is completely healed. She is still so very precious to me.
Steph
Mimi's praying constantly for my sweet Ailee Bug while I get Granddaddy to help me find 5 VERY LARGE and VERY HEAVY pieces of wood ~ if only that would work!
She is so sweet Mande! Mallory told me yesterday she wasn't feeling well, and I have been thinking of her hoping all is well. Mal is just glad she is back! She missed her tons last week!
Post a Comment