
Country Club Memorial Day Pool Party 2009

Today was such fun! We had some wonderful family time just laughing and playing with one another. However, we did not forget to pause and remember the ones who pay and have paid the ultimate price so that we may enjoy such freedom and fun together.
Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 1 Peter 2:15-17 Within our freedom, we have the right to share the good news of our Savior. May we let His light shine through us and His love reach all those near and far.
Daddy and I would just get tickled at some of the silly things you sweet girls do and say. It is refreshing to see the world through your eyes at times! You never seem to let things get dull around here. Being your mommy and daddy is such a Blast!
Adelynn, you are so full of personality already! Saying you loved the water is a little bit of an understatement!

Anna Grace, you were just sure you would HATE jumping off the diving board. However, once daddy got you off of it once you wouldn't stop. First, with your ring, then, just free as a bird! You would swim like such a big girl to the side of the pool. We are so proud of you but cannot believe you are such a little fish swimming in 10 feet of water, yikes!

Ailee Claire, you were jumping in too from the side but not without your securities. You kept telling us "when I get bigger I will jump like Anna Grace." Tonight as I was tucking you in, you asked me if you were still the same number or if you were like Anna Grace yet. A little confused, I said that you were still three. You rolled your big, brown eyes and threw your hands up, "why do I just keep being 3 in a row?" I guess you think time should pass more quickly but to me it seems like each of you are in a time machine in high gear!
Sometimes I just love being the mom of girls (well, actually ALL the time!). Today at the pool I was trying to twist my hair up out of the way and Ailee was watching from the water. She came running over and bent down in my ear and whispered, "Mommy, you look JUST like a rockstar!" I got so tickled and wished it was just that easy to be confident in myself, especially at the pool.
This is Adelynn's new smile! After you grin your huge grin that stretches from one side of you face to the other, you barely stick out your tongue and smile so precious!

The relationship between the two of you girls is so sweet. Anna Grace is the mothering, gentle type and Adelynn adores her. Everytime she spots Anna Grace, she begins to throw her arms up and down and bounce with the biggest smile! It is as if she already worships her big sister and finds complete joy in just being in her presence. Of course, Ailee fits in the mix great, too, but being more like her daddy, she is the more social, outgoing one. She is always venturing out to find new friends and strike up conversations with the parents of children nearby.
I love seeing the adoration for one another in each of your faces. Content just being together, the two of you so different in age interact so perfectly!

No comments:
Post a Comment