It has been nothing but entertaining from the start, even buying the cleats! Of course, they had to have pink on them somewhere and the fact they it was shiny, hot pink, even better! Then, off to the first practice and you were fired up and ready...until, you realize no one was just going to give the ball to you for a turn. You actually had to learn to get in there and take it away to get a chance to play. You looked at me on the bleachers with that look which I immediately read as "mommy, they are not sharing with me!" Daddy was helping coach and didn't catch on right away the reasoning behind why you began to slack off toward the end of practice. This whole idea of aggressiveness began to worry me. I have spent many hard days teaching you all the lessons behind sharing, gentleness and kind-spirits. Your personality tends to find these lessons a little tougher to get a grip on than your older sister and now we were about to unwind those and instruct you to play hard! I know, I know...it is sports, as a dear friend quickly reminded me but isn't the idea behind ballet so much sweeter? I am trying here. We all are actually! So, yesterday I wanted to get outside and practice with you a little bit. You came out all dressed up with a tulle skirt, matching headband and shiny shoes. You said, "Mommy, I was thinking you could take my picture trying to kick the ball and that would be really pretty!" Not exactly soccer attire or the mindset of an athlete getting ready to practice. I just giggled and thought to myself...poor Daddy, we may not be cut out for this type of activity after all! You did, however, surprised me at practice this week so I am excited about the first game Saturday. Go, Ailee! I am so proud of you for trying something new!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Ailee's New sport Adventure...
I must say that the idea of sports entering our home is a little exciting. Since the moment I met Daddy sports was included from every angle and it is a little sad there is no little "charlie" here to follow in his footsteps. So, Ailee decided to try her hand, or foot I guess, at soccer.
It has been nothing but entertaining from the start, even buying the cleats! Of course, they had to have pink on them somewhere and the fact they it was shiny, hot pink, even better! Then, off to the first practice and you were fired up and ready...until, you realize no one was just going to give the ball to you for a turn. You actually had to learn to get in there and take it away to get a chance to play. You looked at me on the bleachers with that look which I immediately read as "mommy, they are not sharing with me!" Daddy was helping coach and didn't catch on right away the reasoning behind why you began to slack off toward the end of practice. This whole idea of aggressiveness began to worry me. I have spent many hard days teaching you all the lessons behind sharing, gentleness and kind-spirits. Your personality tends to find these lessons a little tougher to get a grip on than your older sister and now we were about to unwind those and instruct you to play hard! I know, I know...it is sports, as a dear friend quickly reminded me but isn't the idea behind ballet so much sweeter? I am trying here. We all are actually! So, yesterday I wanted to get outside and practice with you a little bit. You came out all dressed up with a tulle skirt, matching headband and shiny shoes. You said, "Mommy, I was thinking you could take my picture trying to kick the ball and that would be really pretty!" Not exactly soccer attire or the mindset of an athlete getting ready to practice. I just giggled and thought to myself...poor Daddy, we may not be cut out for this type of activity after all! You did, however, surprised me at practice this week so I am excited about the first game Saturday. Go, Ailee! I am so proud of you for trying something new!

It has been nothing but entertaining from the start, even buying the cleats! Of course, they had to have pink on them somewhere and the fact they it was shiny, hot pink, even better! Then, off to the first practice and you were fired up and ready...until, you realize no one was just going to give the ball to you for a turn. You actually had to learn to get in there and take it away to get a chance to play. You looked at me on the bleachers with that look which I immediately read as "mommy, they are not sharing with me!" Daddy was helping coach and didn't catch on right away the reasoning behind why you began to slack off toward the end of practice. This whole idea of aggressiveness began to worry me. I have spent many hard days teaching you all the lessons behind sharing, gentleness and kind-spirits. Your personality tends to find these lessons a little tougher to get a grip on than your older sister and now we were about to unwind those and instruct you to play hard! I know, I know...it is sports, as a dear friend quickly reminded me but isn't the idea behind ballet so much sweeter? I am trying here. We all are actually! So, yesterday I wanted to get outside and practice with you a little bit. You came out all dressed up with a tulle skirt, matching headband and shiny shoes. You said, "Mommy, I was thinking you could take my picture trying to kick the ball and that would be really pretty!" Not exactly soccer attire or the mindset of an athlete getting ready to practice. I just giggled and thought to myself...poor Daddy, we may not be cut out for this type of activity after all! You did, however, surprised me at practice this week so I am excited about the first game Saturday. Go, Ailee! I am so proud of you for trying something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Playing soccer in a skirt and tights, so sweet!
Go, Ailee bug!!! You look like you know what you're doing now. Love those hot pink cleats! Good luck Saturday!! Mommy will have to take lots of pictures since Mimi & Granddaddy will be in S'ville watching Campbell's 1st softball tournament. Our little athletes will keep us busy for sure.
Post a Comment