We did it! Daddy, Mommy, Mrs. LeAnne and Mr. Corey all finished the 1/2 marathon we have been training for over the last few months. It did feel like I was 1/2 crazy about mile 11 that I thought at the ripe age of 32 I would start running 1/2 marathons for fun. It was definitely not what I would consider a day of fun but it was a day that I felt accomplished. I set my mind to something and spent months preparing for it. It was great to be able to know I could push my body and mind to do something that seemed impossible for most of my life. God and I have had many long talks on the runs leading up to this race and uphill of mile 8 He definitely held my hand. I am sure on mile 13 on the last lap around, He actually carried me! It was great to do it with my very best friends too. Daddy was a trooper and jumped in on the idea a few months ago to make this day a foursome event. He did awesome and he has really never enjoyed running but doing this together was really neat. Now, will there be another 1/2 in our future?...
The verdict is definitely still out but I can promise I will closely evaluate the route next time. The rolling hills throughout this 13.1 mile track left a lasting impression on my legs!Still Friends...Even though at the top of the hill on mile 8 I thought Mrs. LeAnne may hold a grudge against me for quite some time! But, actually only 30 minutes after the race she spoke to me again! Thanks for the memories and fun chats we have had over the hundreds of miles we have chalked up together lately!



4 comments:
What a wonderful accomplishment. I am so proud of you and your husband and friends. It's so great to have an accountability partner. I would love to run in a 1/2 marathon, so "maybe" you've inspired me. We'll see... Congratulations!
Great job, kiddos!!! None of you even look tired!
Who are you and what have you done with my sister? I'm telling Mom that someone has kidnapped you 'casue I don't believe this. Actually, congrats I'm very impressed and proud of you. As for Jon, we men will do about anything to keep our wonderful wives happy.
Great accomplishment!!
Congrats to all 4 of you!
C
Post a Comment