Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall is on it's Way...

Today is the first Full day of Fall. I know it is still going to reach the mid 90"s but our air conditioning is FINALLY fixed and so it feels like winter in our house again!!! (this is a whole different post for another time but, basically since May we have had low 80 degree temps in our house constantly and 4 different air companies and the same response. Air works perfect...Really?)
Anyway, now we are up and running perfectly and ready for our favorite season...FALL! We kicked the day off with our apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast. Each year, we pack a Happy Fall basket of goodies for your teachers filled with a fall-scented candle, tea towel, warm apple muffins and this year we added personalized apple notecards. You were both thrilled to surprise them and hopped out of the car this morning with all smiles.



Adelynn, you have this wonderful new "cheese" face for our photos. Love it! Anna Grace and Ailee, you both were so excited about Fall that you had a special plan when we went to sleep last night. AG, you begged and begged me to set the alarm for 11:09 so that you could get up when it was officially Fall outside. I am not sure what you thought would happen but you expected something big. I heard you two planning when you laid down. Ailee, you asked AG not to forget to wake you when it was time. Of course, we all slept right though it, thank goodness. I tried to assure you that it was just the start of the new season and nothing extraordinary would happen at that specific time but that God has orchestrated the whole world to work so that we could watch the seasons slowly change before our eyes. But this morning we I raised the garage door and you commented with such disappointment..."Mommy, why are all the leaves still green?" I knew you actually did not understand. But we had fun planning the first day of Fall anyway and we will work on understanding all this later.

I love you each one, my precious Monkeys!!!

2 comments:

Rach said...

"Why are the leaves still green?" Too funny! Love your stories.

The baskets are too cute! What lucky teachers!

Francine said...

I just love reading your blog.. you are such a wonderful mommy your girls are very blessed to have you. I just had to share with you how much your blog, stories and beautiful pictures of your beautiful sweet babies has lifted my spirits more times than I can count. May God bless you and I hope you all have a wonderful FALL!! :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails