Ailee, today you broke Mommy's heart! In a desperate attempt to be like your sister, Anna Grace, you tried cutting your hair by yourself. You said it was a surprise for me but you did know how very wrong it was...proved by the fact that you hid the mass of beautiful locks under your doll and monkey in your room. You and Anna Grace had been doing crafts together and you vanished into your room, only to come out like Billy Ray Cyrus's little sister! I was extremely disappointed in the way your once silky, long hair now looked chopped in a million different ways but even more disheartening was the act of disobedience involved. I guess my real days of parenting have only just begun! You are now very sorry and you desperately needed my love and approval to cope the reminder of the night. I want you to know that you are beautiful no matter what your hair looks like! The real focus now must be on being beautiful on the inside and a good start is learning obedience and honor.
I was extremely alarmed at the reaction of poor Anna Grace. I couldn't believe how upset you were over the situation. I think you felt responsible because you were not with her. It is rare that the two of you are not together. You couldn't believe she would do something specifically that Mommy had told you both never to do. You also were embarrassed for her and kept saying that you couldn't look at her because it made you cry over and over.
But the reality is...we all survived and it is not the worse thing that could have happened. Hopefully, we all learned something from it and will use it as a lesson on the road ahead. And...you really do look pretty cute with your new haircut. Just next time, could we please go about it the easy way and call Ms. Mandi first?
You are excited in the end because you think you look just like your best friend, Isabelle, and your big sister. You are a mess, little sunshine, but, luckily for you, your sweet smile can brighten most any situation.

3 comments:
Oh my goodness!! I know that was devasting for the girls, but one day it will be a hilarious story told by both of them!! BUT, in the meantime, what a stunningly beautiful hair design!!
Ailee's hair looks precious!!
I think it makes her look like she is grown!!
I have wondered if this would ever happen in our house someday...I can imagine your heart dropping!
I have to say though - the new haircut is so adorable. :)
That is a beautiful haircut! Katie cut her hair (well Noah cut it for her per her request) in Jan 08 and it was horrible...she cut one entire chunk of her bangs OFF so it was horrible to grow out! At least this turned into a cute cut!
Post a Comment