Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springing Forward while Sloshing Out...

Wow! What an awesome weekend we had with a splash of spring type weather. Saturday morning we had a our annual Women's Conference at church and I was so excited about getting to spend the day worshipping with the women of my church, my best friends, my sweet momma and Aunt Lynn. I so very much enjoyed the message God sent through our speakers Angela Thomas and Gail Wilkins. God taught and reminded me of many things yesterday that I hope to carry with me as long as it takes to internalize them and it becomes a common thought for me. One of the greatest reminders was that God created an empty space in me that can only be filled by Jesus. I know I try to have other worldly things fill my cup and that will always leave me thirsting, panting for the taste of my Savior. My sweet man, as wonderful as he has become, cannot fill my cup. Perfectly well-behaved little darlings cannot fill my cup. A sparkling clean house with a manicured yard cannot fill my cup and the list goes on and on...All of these things can be sweet blessings but none will quench the thirst I was designed to have for Jesus. Only when I hold my cup out for Him will I be satistfied. Circumstance this week served as a huge reminder that no matter how hard we try to do the "right" thing, we will be disappointed by the humanness of others. This world will leave us feeling like we have put all of ourselves out there but we get nothing in return to "fill us up"...it leaves us feeling empty, horribly empty. I was SO thankful to have my cup filled up with my Savior on Saturday morning. I hope to go around sloshing everyone, as Anglea said, because my cup is so full it is running over. I know each morning I will need a "refill" on my cup and, thankfully...Lamentations 3:22-24
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him.
He was sweet to show me this right away because I was forced to slurpe down some of my "Jesus water" that very evening. I prayed hard that I would not speak words that would condemn and hurt but His words that would bring peace. That everything out of my mouth would be from Him because I knew my own words would cause bitterness. And, to no surprise, He came through for me. Then, this morning I was ready to hold my cup out again and I could quickly feel it running over!
Shep taught on worrying this morning in Sunday School from Luke 12:33-34 ...a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Although this world will bring disappointments and struggles, if our treasure is in Christ Jesus then we will not need to worry. Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness... As Derick said, if I am truly doing this, then when I feel the need to worry, if I will ask myself "does it affect my salvation?" and the answer is NO, then do not worry. For if my treasure is Heaven, then worrying about outcomes here does not really matter. Where this hits home for me is my family. The fear of losing them is one of my biggest worries, especially my children. Another verse used both Saturday and Sunday that brings comfort and perspective to me for this is...Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. The only way that dying is gain, is to live for Christ. If Heaven is my treasure, then dying is not a loss, even when it envolves those I love the most. The loss will only be temporary because we will all live forever together very soon. However, because I am human, knowing this and living it is entirely different. That is why I need a new, full cup of my "Jesus water" every morning. "Thank you, my dear Jesus, for filling me up each morning. I pray my cup is so full of You that others around me get soaked. Help me to find my upmost treasure in You and the Kindgom of Heaven. Thanks for the wonderful words You had for me this weekend. I love you! Amen"
As Gail talked about this weekend, I was blessed with sweet miracle moments today. We decided to make the best of such a gorgeous afternoon and picnic in the park after church. You girls loved feeding the ducks and the huge fish. Adelynn, you were both amazed and confused with the geese and their noises. It is such fun to see this world through your eyes. Each of you bring such new meaning to each adventure we take together.

Adelynn, you had your first taste of some "real" food today. You grabbed onto Daddy's roll during the picnic and against Mommy's best judgement, he allowed you to take a taste. You were not real sure about it and spit it back out. Your big sisters thought it was so cool that you were trying to eat something "real." Of course, your second mommy, Anna Grace, was worried at first and had to make sure that Mommy knew and that you would be okay. She is always checking up on you and ensuring that you are getting the best care. I hope this does not cause lots of trouble when you are 13 and she is 18!


I love this photo of Ailee where she is on the highest of tiptoes just trying to see over the rail to feed the fish. It is a great illustration of your daily struggle to keep up with your big sister and her friends. Please don't rush it though! The days are already flying by too quickly.

And below is one of Mommy's favorite things about a warm, sunny day...

barefoot baby toes!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

. said...

Wonderful post and recap of the weekend Mandi! Doster is sitting next to me as I am reading and saw the pictures of the girls and got all excited saying "Those are my girls at church!"

Mimi said...

Thanks for such a special Saturday. I really enjoyed my time with you, Lynn, Lisa & all the other C-ville girls as the speakers so wonderfully reminded us of what God has in store for and expects from all of His "Jesus Girls." Love muches, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails