This weekend rekindled some very sweet memories for me. Anna Grace, it was such a pleasant time teaching you to sew your first little project. Instantly, I was flooded with memories of when my Granny would guide me through my first few sewing adventures. I loved staying with Granny and Pop when I was sick and out of school. On these days, when the afternoon came and I was feeling better, Granny and I would get into some creative projects. She always wanted to make sure I knew how to use the sewing machine. I am so glad she did because, without her guidance, I would not be able to dress up my "dolls" in my very own creations! The first thing I made was a pillow. The first thing you wanted to make was a purse. NO surprise since you are such a girly, girl! I know she was in Heaven just smiling down at us as we worked. She is so proud of you, just like Mommy is! The purse turned out precious and you loaded it down as we headed off to eat at Cracker Barrel with Granddaddy. He came down to watch Ailee during your surgery and then you asked him to treat you to your favorite dinner. Sunday, March 29, 2009
Sewing continues through next generation...
This weekend rekindled some very sweet memories for me. Anna Grace, it was such a pleasant time teaching you to sew your first little project. Instantly, I was flooded with memories of when my Granny would guide me through my first few sewing adventures. I loved staying with Granny and Pop when I was sick and out of school. On these days, when the afternoon came and I was feeling better, Granny and I would get into some creative projects. She always wanted to make sure I knew how to use the sewing machine. I am so glad she did because, without her guidance, I would not be able to dress up my "dolls" in my very own creations! The first thing I made was a pillow. The first thing you wanted to make was a purse. NO surprise since you are such a girly, girl! I know she was in Heaven just smiling down at us as we worked. She is so proud of you, just like Mommy is! The purse turned out precious and you loaded it down as we headed off to eat at Cracker Barrel with Granddaddy. He came down to watch Ailee during your surgery and then you asked him to treat you to your favorite dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's so precious to see how you are sewing and "sowing" in your girls lives! They will always carry the things you do with them and in turn do the same with their own children! What a blessing it is to see :)
Post a Comment