
The girls and I had a blast recently decorating our table for Easter. This is the first year we will be enjoying Easter at our home. Mimi and Granddaddy will be spending the weekend with us going to the Country Club Egg Hunt and to our church on Sunday. Saturday evening we will be hosting an Easter dinner for them. We went ahead and prepared our table settings and the girls helped me by painting wooden eggs to go in our baskets. They are currently growing real grass to hide special eggs on the table. It has been fun including them on the decorating!
You girls had fun in the sun Friday playing on your playground and with your golden retriever,Riley, in the backyard. I heard Anna Grace tell your sister..."you do not look like Ailee Claire now but your voice still sounds the same." Ya'll are so fun together and I love ease dropping on your converstations. We all have recovered from Ailee's hair drama and I know she is very sorry. Last night, Ailee, your prayer included these sweet words..."Dear God, thank you for ever letting me do what I am supposed to do and to listen to my Mommy and Daddy." I am so thankful for
almost everyone's reaction upon seeing her hair. Once we inform them that the haircut was not intentional, they have done a great job at protecting her self-confidence without encouraging the actions of disobedience. This is the toughest part of the whole situation for Jon and I because it is a fine line between appropiate discipline and hurting her self-image. I am so glad she now understands how she broke our trust and has asked for forgiveness from us! Mission accomplished!
Sweet Adelynn, you are trying to learn to sit up and Mommy is not encouraging this. I want you to stay a little baby for longer. You are sick right now and we are off to the doctor today. I hate when you little ones are not feeling good. It breaks Mommy's heart.
2 comments:
What a pretty table you girls have decorated for Easter! We can't wait for all the fun ~~ looks like you had fun this weekend, too. Oh, sweet Baby A, you're growing way too fast!!!!
So festive and beautiful as always!
Post a Comment