Wednesday, May 13, 2009

No Surprise...

I should not be surprised that the enemy is after me right on the heels of such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. He knows my weaknesses and my insecurities and he was ready! I had a awesome time with my family and my little girlies last weekend. Celebrating being a mommy was great and I so much enjoyed the daily homemade cards and handpicked flowers from the girls. Anna Grace seemed more excited about the day than me. She is such a sweet and thoughtful child. It is extremely rare for me to have a day where motherhood is just too much. However, once Monday came it all started. This is one of the busiest weeks I have experienced since becoming a mom of three. I have so much crammed into one week that a single person could barely keep up, much less someone caring for 3 small children, alone! Yes, Jon's work has taken him to Texas for a few days this week and yesterday I felt things begin to come crashing down. I let the stress of my busy schedule filled with dinners, meetings, dress rehearsals, ballet recitals, awana ceremonies, end of year parties, rummage shifts, a teething and sleepless infant, sewing projects, church picnic planning, 5K race, graduation, and so on get the best of me. Graduation brings me to another struggle this week. I didn't realize the emotion that would come from having my first born graduating from preschool. As a mom, years are calculated on a school year instead of a calendar year and the close of this year brings a lot of changes. I will no longer me a mom of all preschoolers. I now have a school-aged child. I am not ready! I heard Satan whispering to me all day that I would never keep up this week, the girls would suffer and I really was not good at mothering 3 young girls anyway. He knows the one area to get me is motherhood. If I am nothing else, I desire to be a great mom for my sweet angels. I let him convince me I was struggling and I did begin to fail yesterday. My nerves were raw and I longed so badly for a warm, bubble bath. I knew with the regular chores of the house to finish after I finally got everyone down, I would never have time for that either. However, my Savior reminded me of something my friend shared with me last week...God's will does not take you where His Grace will not go! He knew I was here doing all of this alone and He knew I would survive once I called on Him. He so gently reminded me of the mom I am by 2 precious preschool parents in Ailee's class this morning. Their encouraging compliments were like a huge pat on my back from above.






I am better today. I feel renewed and refreshed. I told Satan I had enough to battle this week without him and to take his lies and head away! The reality of motherhood is tough but the blessings are SO amazing! Thanks, Dear Jesus, for carrying me through this week and giving me the strength to keep going.



On one hand, I cannot wait until Dance recital is over Saturday afternoon and the week will close but on the other hand, that will mean graduation is over and Anna Grace is now moving on to "big" school. I know this week is not finished with it's share of tears but I am prepared now!



"The LORD is my strength and song,And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will exalt Him." Exodus 15:1-3




Adelynn participated in the Baby Walk at church on Mother's Day. She smiled the whole time and yelled "dada dada" through the whole entire prayer. How could this sweet face not cheer up any mommy and it definitely does the trick for me!

2 comments:

. said...

You are so right to recognize this as an attack from satan...he wants so badly to conquer and destroy but we have so much more strength in our Savior to conquer and destroy his attack!!

Tess said...

You are a great Mommy!!! Rebuke satan and cling to your Jesus! It sounds like you already have :) Through Him we can do all things sister!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails