Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daddy's Little Precious...

My next few entries will be tributes to our tiniest angel...










Adelynn, as unbelievable as it seems, you will soon be 2 years old. You melted my heart from the moment I met you. The second your big sisters greeted you for the first time on mommies hospital bed, I knew you three would share a bond that would be incredible to watch as the years went by. And, I have not been let down. The minute your eyes open each morning you immediately begin searching and listening for your sisters. I love how you cry out for them each morning as they unbuckle from the car and hop out for school. I assume you think hanging with Mom is so boring after having constant playmates since you entered this world. I also love how you made up little names for them...Anna Grace is "issie" (sissy) and Ailee is "boo." I love how everything you do is an exact mimic of one of their gestures or mannerisms. I love that you so quickly learned to search Daddy's drawer each morning for change and then run as fast as you can to drop it in your piggy bank before either of them catch you. I love the perfect circle your mouth makes every time something exciting happens, even if it is as simple as the noise of a distant train or the sight of your favorite food. I love how you bust out with words lately that we never even knew you could say. I love how you are the first to raise your hand and shout "me" when we ask who is going to say our prayer at the table or on the way to school each morning. Then, I adore watching you hold your precious hands so perfectly and squint your eyes shut while you mumble all sorts of words that make no sense except "mommy, issie, boo, daddy and esus (Jesus)" and we know you are thanking Him for us. You wrap it up with a cheerful "amen" and we all just smile at one another because you might be the cutest thing any of the 4 of us have ever seen! I love how you say soooo much with your eyes before your ever utter a word. I love how within the first 30 seconds someone is around you they almost always say, "wow, she is full of personality!" and I think to myself "Boy, if you only knew!" I catch myself cracked up at you even more than your middle sister and I thought that was impossible! I love how you use your big pouty lips in the best possible way when needed. You will roll them both out as far as possible and throw yourself down so dramatically. It only lasts a second because, of course, we all crack up and you cannot help but laugh too. I especially love how you do it each time you go into the nursery at church. Even though you walk in the room alone with your blanket, bag and "goggie" (drink), you stop after 3-4 steps and pout your lips up so pitiful and let out a big cry. You never look back for me or say my name but it is as if you are saying "I know I may have to do this 2-3 times a week but no one can make me like it!" I love how you always clean up after yourself at your little snack table. You throw away your own plate and then run get a wipe to clean off the table, seat and floor. I love how you sneak into your big sister's room and get ballet or tap shoes. You come running out with your hands up while dancing your own little jig and yelling "Ta Da" to the top of your lungs. I love how you without fail say "ock" each time before nap or bedtime. You never let us by without at least a minute or two of some sweet snuggle time in the rocking chair. By all means, we wouldn't pass it up for anything. And, I love your obsession with shoes. Your favorite right now are the pink high top converse (below) which test mommy a little bit. I am sure that is why you love them so much. Actually, I think it is because you know your Daddy likes them too! I love how your hair curls just like your sisters at this age. I love how I prayed for you to be the perfect combination of both your sisters and you are exactly that, even your green eyes are a mix of their blue and brown. I love how you are the final piece of our puzzle that ties us all together! And, for my favorite thing lately that I love about you is how you worship your Daddy. His hearts swells up like a grapefruit with every bit of adoration you give him. I know in this photo it looks like you are holding his hand...but, actually, you lead him where ever you would like to go as he holds on tightly to your little pinkie!

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Precious baby, our Baby A!! But I can't believe it has really been that long since Anna Grace wore that little dress! Can't wait til the ice cream party!!

Anonymous said...

She's precious. :) My favorite is the third from the bottom...the one of her facing the huge church door. So sweet!
-It's Stacey LOL

Craig said...

This is soooo uncool!! Just yesterday I was holding her at church as an infant!! This "growing up" thing is uncool!!
She is precious!!
C

Rach said...

She is adorable. Looks like she's a silly little girl!

Nicole Liackos Whalen said...

soo soo sweet, Mande!! Well written and so heartfelt. I love reading about your sweet girls!!

Nicole Liackos Whalen said...

oh, and BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails