Thursday, May 19, 2011

School's Out....Scream and Shout! and other May Happenings

Another year has come and gone and you sweet girls are growing faster than I could ever imagine. I LOVE summer so much (not because of the hot weather but because I get to spend each and every day with you all from the minute we get up to the minute I tuck you in. Shhh... and sometimes we just all pile up together and spend the whole 24 hours side by side!) We venture into all kinds of interesting things. I have already heard a few plans being tossed around for this year~butterfly gardens, camping trips, river adventures, day boat trips and lots more. And, yes, for Adelynn's favorite, Cousin's Camp. She has no clue what it is but knows it includes Mimi and staying over at her house without Mommy! She's in!! All YES answers to whatever she wants. Perfect for you, mommy's sweet Baby A who has been disguised lately as the cutest little stinker Daddy and I have ever seen. I just wanted to share a few random happenings through out this month that have kept us busy!


Ailee, you did great at your Pre-K Graduation and I loved your precious little speaking part. Mimi and Granddaddy made the trip, actually, I think Mimi drove down 5 days in a row last week! That's why you're the greastest, Mom, and all us girls (and Daddy too!) know you wouldn't miss a second of being there for us no matter what! What would we do without our Mimi?



Anna Grace, your Hee Haw Celebration was adorable too! You told some silly jokes and your "Gossip Song" with all your girlfriends was too funny! You and our neighbor, Bryce, have had a great year together in first grade. I am sure this summer will be a blast too with him being right across the street.


Mommy had some fun creating some fun teacher gifts for the end of school this year for your awsome teachers. We were truly blessed this year with teachers. I couldn't have hand picked a better 2 women to teach and mentor you both. God's cool that way, huh?

I had a blast making these super cute cake pops with my new cake pop maker for mother's day! We made bouquets and cute tags and it was fun~~ besides slapping little hands that wouldn't stop grabbing the fun balls and running out of the kitchen with them before I could get them packaged up!!!



Another exciting Spring activity this year was soccer. It was interesting to watch how different your personalities are in a competitive nature. Ailee, most people think you are more the sport type and that Anna Grace is less competitive. However, I was amazed with the aggressiveness my big girl showed on that field. I could see you chomping at the bit to get going while waiting on the ref to blow the whistle. It is impressive to me that you have such strong determination to master whatever you take on. I LOVE it!


This shot is so cool to me because this boy looks at least a complete head taller than you but you were not going to back down. Then, below you were surrounded by the boys (who all look a little taken back by the way you jumped in there after the ball!HA). Even though it was not your favorite and you said next year you would just stick with ballet and violin, you played out strong until the end and for that I am extremely proud!



Ailee, please understand my love when posting these (and one day you may be an awesome soccer player) but, during the entire season, these pics of your big sister taking you under her wing and helping you through a completely clueless moment are priceless to me!
You all broke up from huddle and headed out to your positions. Immediately, Anna Grace picked up on the fact that you had no idea where to go. She called you over and pointed out where to stand. Then, gently pushed you off in the right direction. Once you got where you thought she described, you looked back to check. She shook her head. You shifted over to the left about 8 ft and looked back again. This time you got a sweet smile and a thumbs up. (sorry for no pics of the last part. I was too teared up and soaking it all in to snap any actual pics. I have perfect mental captures though).

And, finally, my beautiful ballerinas!


(Ailee, I have some precious pics of you backstage from Mrs. Stacey as you were getting ready for your butterfly dance with the big girls. You seemed to be quite confident in yourself and were soaking in some peaks of yourself in the mirrior. I pray you will never let go of the confidence that God made a jewel when He created you! Hopefully, I can get them posted soon. My computer and I are having a little disagreement tonight and I'm going to let it win because Mommy is tired and needs to be packing for the BEACH instead!)


1 comment:

Mimi said...

So glad I could make all these magical moments!! Love all the pictures except the one of me sure looks like I traveled 600 miles that week plus worked Team Impact at night--girls slow down your growing cause Mimi's getting old too fast!! Have fun on your 2nd beach trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails