We cannot thank the Swards and the Stewarts enough for the kind invitation to join them on a long weekend getaway to paradise. We very much enjoyed the sweet company, awesome weather, beautiful accommodations, amazing scenery, sounds of young giggles, quaint little shopping, restuarants and the late night talks! It was just enough time to become refreshed after a long, busy month of May. 

The eight kiddos enjoyed the beach and the waves so very much. They jumped them, rode them and even went head first in them (mostly on accident). With 7 girls and only one boy, the friendships played out so sweetly the whole trip. Jake took on the "big brother" role perfectly since he was the oldest. He helped calm the fears of waves. I love how he is holding Ailee's hand in the pic above I stole from Miss Stacey's blog. He also was the gentleman and gave up a bed to sleep on the couches on the highest floor of the house so that all the little girls would have a bed. Then, on the last day, he caught fish for all the excited girls. He even was so gentle and loving to Adelynn. Thanks, Jake, to being such a caretaker!

The eight kiddos enjoyed the beach and the waves so very much. They jumped them, rode them and even went head first in them (mostly on accident). With 7 girls and only one boy, the friendships played out so sweetly the whole trip. Jake took on the "big brother" role perfectly since he was the oldest. He helped calm the fears of waves. I love how he is holding Ailee's hand in the pic above I stole from Miss Stacey's blog. He also was the gentleman and gave up a bed to sleep on the couches on the highest floor of the house so that all the little girls would have a bed. Then, on the last day, he caught fish for all the excited girls. He even was so gentle and loving to Adelynn. Thanks, Jake, to being such a caretaker!
I enjoyed the night we all spent crabbing. I was amazed at how brave you were Anna Grace. You would snatch the crabs up and carry them around for all to see. I'm sure all 16 of us on the beach in the complete darkness and small flashlights was a sight to be seen. Or heard, rather. From screams of excitement to shrieks of terror, it was a blast! Sweet Baby "A"...you were wonderful the whole trip. You swayed back and forth from enjoying the attention that came from being the "baby" to hanging in there like a champ while acting like a "big kid." I must say, I loved the baby stuff more!
(thanks, Miss Stacey, for this adorable pic!)

2 comments:
How thankful I am that God planted ya'll in such a wonderful place with such amazing, Christian friends!! How I would have loved to be on the beach just listening to the crab night ~ I can only imagine!
It's Stacey. :-)
Such a fun trip.....Jake is going to love reading this. His head might swell but he will be so pleased to know he was a helper. ;-)
I need to get some of your pics.
Post a Comment