Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Traditions begin...

We all stayed over at Mimi and Granddaddy's following Thanksgiving and quickly began our Holiday traditions. Mimi handed you girls out your holiday goody bag filled with fun things to start off the season. You all got your Christmas pajamas and a few more Christmas goodies. We had fun writing your letters to Santa. This year, Anna Grace, you did a great job writing yours by yourself with a little help from mommy. Both you girls want a big girl bicycle with a baby seat on it. Lidious, our Elf on the Shelf, also showed up on Thanksgiving night. This is a favorite tradition for you both. You loved searching the house over for him each morning when you wake up. I love the holidays with you sweet girls. Through your eyes, the holiday lights twinkle a little brighter!
We had fun taking Christmas photos and reading Christmas stories too. On Friday, you all helped Mimi decorate her tree. I remember the precious nights spent helping Granny and Pop decorate after Thanksgiving. I treasure the wreath Mom made me with all my special ornaments from Granny's tree. We all had our own ornaments to put up on her tree each year. When Pop passed away, Mom made all the grandchildren a wreath filled with their ornaments. I must say, it is my most favorite decoration to put up! You girls love to hear stories about the ornaments on it and what each one means to me. I hope you will share them with your little ones one day too.

2 comments:

Christy Myhand said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. The kids' outfits are adorable. Did your mother make them? You guys are so talented! How do you get your pictures in the squares? DO you have a special program?

Mimi said...

Funny girls!!! You are Mimi's most precious Christmas "ornaments" and I don't even see any flour on your faces!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails