Sunday, April 5, 2009

The First Easter Dress...




For Palm Sunday, Adelynn dressed in the first Easter dress I made for Anna Grace back in 2004. I remember finishing up the smocking design on the way to visit Mammaw and Pappaw. It was a joy to be able to smock my first born daughter's first Easter dress with sweet little bunny rabbits. As time passed and more babies came, it gets more and more difficult to create such a detailed dress, especially for 3 little princesses. Since so much time and effort went into creating this little gown, I am glad that there are multiple little ladies that have been able to wear it. I wonder if it will be passed down to the next generation for many Easter Sundays to come.






Anna Grace's first Easter 2004
(Sorry your eyes are closed. This is the only picture I could get scanned in today. I will hopefully replace it soon.)

Ailee Claire's first Easter 2006


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

Ok, I didn't know you knew how to smock! That was the next thing on my list to learn! Pleast teach me! That dress is beautiful!

Carrie said...

That is so beautiful and sweet!

Mimi said...

Boy, does that seem like just yesterday ~~ I remember trying to photograph 2 little ones in their Mommy & Mimi smocked dresses (they were more interested in flowers than pictures) AND frantically trying to get them done in time for Easter. My hands couldn't hold out now to do it but looking at these pictures sure makes me glad you wanted us to make them, especially since they have been worn by FIVE babies. Speaking of pictures, how different could 3 babies look? But they are PRECIOUS!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails