How it all started...It was the perfect ending to a great day! Monday night, my sweet man brings home a bottle of bubble bath and a candle and announces he is taking the big girls out for the evening so I could have the night off. (By the way, he also brought you big girls each home a princess costume he found on clearance from Halloween and I enjoyed watching the love on his face as he gave them to you and as both of you dressed up and paraded around the room as "big princess and baby princess" as Ailee said.) Off they went together and I was at home alone with just my little peanut. The candle light bubble bath was wonderful and then snuggling in the bed with Adelynn was even more precious to me. The next morning I would have to leave her for the first time to go to my Service League meeting. Although she would be with my mom, it is still hard to go through the separation. After all, we have been together constantly for 9 months plus 7 weeks. You seem so small and helpless right now, little one, and I cannot imagine how you could possibly make it without Mommy.
The night began to go downhill shortly after the girls and daddy came home. Adelynn, you had a first rough night of waking up with short cries of pain and a high fever. I thought since you had gotten immunizations early that day that you were probably just reacting to them and would be fine later on in the morning. I got ready and went on to my meeting even though I was worried about leaving you while you seemed sick. Truthfully, I was looking for any excuse to get to stay home with you but knew the league needed my service and you would be in great hands with Mimi. You did do very good, except you didn't like the bottle very much and only ate enough to survive till I got home. Later on Tuesday evening, I saw a bright red rash that covered your whole body. Ahhh! So with the fever, rash, unusual crying out, and runny poop, the doctors wanted me to take you to the urgent care in Kennesaw. They determined it was just a viral rash and not a reaction to the shots, thank goodness. You began to get better throughout the night.
However, the news from the elections began pouring in and I had something else to worry about now. Imagine that, me worrying! I would say something to Jon about it and he was so calm and relaxed about everything. I started thinking "what is wrong with him, does he not care about what might happen, did he really want Obama to win?" Then I heard the small, quiet voice keep saying to me "you have been praying about this and asking Me to do My will. You say you know I am ultimately in control and have ordained whatevers happens. Do you not trust Me?" So, in prayer I went again and was able to gain the peace God was trying to offer me and Jon had already accepted.
It is comforting to realize that our ultimate ruler is God. Through my prayers today,
I was reminded that we are "one nation under God."
Psalm 47:1-9
"O Clap your hands, all peoples; shout to God with the voice of joy. For the LORD Most High is to be feared, a great King over all the earth. He subdues peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chooses our inheritance for us, the glory of Jacob whom He loves. Selah.
"O Clap your hands, all peoples; shout to God with the voice of joy. For the LORD Most High is to be feared, a great King over all the earth. He subdues peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chooses our inheritance for us, the glory of Jacob whom He loves. Selah.
"God has ascended with a shout, the LORD, with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a skillful psalm. God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne. The princes of the people have assembled themselves as the people of the God of Abraham; for the shields of the earth belong to God; He is highly exalted."
No comments:
Post a Comment