Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Simple Pleasures...

"My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to You; And my soul, which You have redeemed"
~Psalm 71:23

This week has been a wonderful continuation from the weekend. The girls and I have enjoyed "simple pleasures" from the just the little things occurring each day. I find that I often overlook small windows of joy that God grants me so often in my daily routine. I am so busy caring for everyone and everything that I don't take the time to stop and enjoy the tiny bits of pleasure to be gotten from just watching the blue lips of my sweet girls sipping down their snowcones they worked so hard to earn all week.


For Easter, one of their surprises was a new magnetic behavioral chart. Because of my background in early childhood education, I am a sucker for positive reinforcement. Not only does it help me to get some chores done around here and place of the responsibility back on the little ones, it also is great at building some major self-confidence and independence. It is so helpful for me to just be able to lay out clothes and once the girls wake up each morning, they rush to get dressed and make up their own beds. (Ailee, even you do an awesome job at this!) Anna Grace helps with unloading the dishwasher and the manners around here are through the roof. Even the worship caretaker at church last week told Daddy that Ailee had the best manners of any little lady she had ever kept! Way to go, sweet sunshine!

They are now earning a weekly allowance and they are able to take pride in the offering they take to church rather than just being handed an envelope to turn in. This week, you guys choose to use some of the money you have saved up for snowcones. You squealed and jumped up and down on Monday when you heard the ice cream truck coming down the street. It was so cute to see you each take your money down to order and pay for your very own treats. I enjoyed following around the yard snapping photos of how two little sisters enjoy their sunny afternoon. Oh, to be little again!


Lately, Anna Grace and Riley have really begun to form a sweet relationship. Anna Grace is finally tall enough to fill comfortable around Riley's size and Riley is old enough to just be content being lazy and having someone love on her. So sweet!

I would love to know what dreams were occurring in your precious little soul as you sat staring upward taking in the beauty of the sunshine and our lazy afternoon. As you both give praises for each night, I pray that you girls will never forget to pause and take the time to enjoy the little ways God continually blesses us. "Thank you, God, for our beautiful day." This is a phrase we record almost every night in your prayer journal.

" O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor...O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" ~Psalm 8:1-9
May we continue to look for our God in our everyday adventures. May we seek His will for us always and find our joy in His "simple pleasures."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

A beautiful post & I'm so glad you're taking this time to enjoy God's blessings, His wonderful creation, and your precious angels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails